Price: Cheap (but if you went for a complete meal it'd be High)
AH had been here on day 2 and said the mains were boring but dessert was decent. We went about 2 weeks later and we'd go back for dessert. This is what we thought (in order of preference)
- Sorrel sorbet and honey comb - refreshing, good for summer
- Chocolate tart - safe option but rich and good
- Meringue with ganache and blueberries - had some weird but tasty cream we weren't sure if that was the ganache or not but we still ate it
- Duck egg custard - tasted better in the shell (shell isn't edible, we tried, Pei Modern is no Fat Duck). Has sauternes so we could mainly taste the alcohol which isn't our thing but one of the eating party said the after taste is very eggy
- Doughnuts - either they forgot the blood orange or it should be taken off the menu for being boring. Either way weakest of the 5.